Saturday, October 6, 2007

Transcript Workshop

This morning my friend Tammy and I facilitated a Transcript Boot Camp workshop at Homelight Books, our local homeschool book store. Transcript Boot Camp is a 4-hour seminar on DVD which covers things such as creating a transcript, keeping records, assigning grades, computing grade point averages, etc. Today we only watched the first 2 hours, and we'll watch the rest in a couple of months! We originally planned to do the whole seminar in one day, but several people asked that we break it up so that they weren't gone from their families the whole day and also because it is a LOT of information to absorb! I think it worked out well. Tammy and I had brought several sample transcripts, from our kids and a couple of our friends, so everyone had a chance to see a "real" final transcript, all done.

Since this was a morning event, we decided to bring some muffins, juice, and coffee. When I was at the grocery store yesterday, I picked up a box of blueberry muffin mix off the shelf and looked at it ~ it would be quick to whip up and would probably taste okay. But I couldn't do it! Muffins are so darn easy to make, and homemade muffins wouldn't have ingredients in them that I can't pronounce! So I bought a bag of frozen wild blueberries instead, and came home and pulled out my favorite blueberry muffin recipe.

BLUEBERRY MUFFINS

1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup orange juice
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup canola oil
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 c. fresh or frozen blueberries

GLAZE
1 cup sifted confectioners sugar
1-2 Tbl orange juice

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 12 muffin cups, or line with paper or silicone liners. In lg. bowl, combine rolled oats and orange juice; stir well. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. Add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda, oil, and egg to rolled oat mixture. Mix well. Stir in blueberries. Fill prepared muffin cups about 3/4 full. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-22 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from pan and cool on rack. When still slightly warm, sift confectioners sugar into a small bowl; add juice until it makes a thin glaze that will pour off a spoon. Drizzle glaze over the tops of the slightly warm muffins.

3 comments:

Faye Creech said...

Mmmmmm... wish I could've been at the meeting just for the muffins!!
-F

GrammaJelly said...

Mmmmm...this sounds even better than my old standby, will add this one to my collection. Love, mom

Dad said...

Great tasting!