Monday, September 3, 2007

Football Fever?

We are a basketball family. ACC basketball rules in this house, my husband coaches my son's varsity homeschool basketball team, my kids all play basketball, we watch college basketball on TV (but no NBA!) None of us has ever cared much for football , although my oldest son has become a Carolina Panthers fan since he's been away at college. So what was all that noise going on in the TV Room Saturday afternoon ~ screams and groans and excited shouts coming from my 19-year-old daughter as she sat watching football scores scroll across the bottom of the TV screen? Well, it seems that a certain football team from little ole' Appalachian State University was pulling off the biggest upset in NCAA football history by beating the Michigan ( BIG TEN!) Wolverines! We don't get the channel that carried the game, so she had to follow what was happening by the scrolling scores and the astonished discussion of the ESPN commentators!
Way to go, Mountaineers!

3 comments:

Family W said...

I just came over from Lea's blog, The Needle in a Haystack. I guess it took me moving away from home (NC) to find all of the North Carolina blogs! :) I look forward to reading more of your entries. Blessings to you. :)

GrammaJelly said...

Yea!, Sarah. But, Grandpa and I thought you'd be on campus, maybe even attending the game. It didn't occur to us that because this was a long weekend you might be home. Hope ASU lives up to the great beginning and that we'll see lots more wins. Love you! Gram

Faye Creech said...

Can you believe it??!! We were on the beach and my niece's friend called us to tell us the final score!!Woohoooooo!!! Go Mountaineers!!