Saturday, September 1, 2007

Another Birthday

This week was very full! Tuesday was my birthday and our wedding anniversary, and yesterday was Mark's birthday! ( we were born in the same year, so I am 3 days older! ) Sarah got a ride back to Raleigh from Boone yesterday, so she is home for the long weekend. Last night, she and Amanda treated the family to dinner out at Red Robin, to celebrate not only Mark's and my birthdays, but Jason's on 8/20 and Eric's coming up on 9/26. WOW.
Mark and Eric and I decided to combine our birthday gifts this year and buy ................dun du du dah!..............high speed internet service!!!!! Woo hoo! I know my friends out there are jumping up and down at the idea of actually being able to reach this household by telephone ~ a frustration that MANY of you have shared with me. :-) And it will be so much better for Mark when he needs to work from home. Now he won't have to go hang out at The Factory or The Well or other local place with wireless! And I can actually consider signing the kids up for online classes, such as those offered by the Lukeion Project or Potters School. Even Time4Learning will work so much better, not having to wait 10 minutes for new material to load! High speed has been ordered but not actually turned on yet, but should be any day now!

1 comment:

Faye Creech said...

WOOOOHOOOO!!!! Now, what is your phone number again?? (just kidding!) I know you'll be glad to spend less time "waiting", too! See ya Tuesday!
-F