Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Yucky Summer Cold

I woke up Monday morning with a cold, and it has smacked me hard! Stuffy head, sniffles, scratchy throat, achy, tired....ugh. I carried on yesterday through scorekeeping for Amanda's volleyball game and speaking at the Lighthouse meeting last night, but was really dragging by the time I got home. I took some Nyquil, which helped me sleep better than I did the night before. Fortunately this was a "stay at home" day, so I slept a little later than normal and took a nap this afternoon. I've been taking extra Vitamin C and drinking orange juice, taking Echinacea and Zinc, drinking hot tea, and even doctored some canned chicken noodle soup with garlic, ginger, and cayenne! That opens up those sinus passages! Thankfully, I don't get sick too often.

<><

No comments: