Sunday, September 16, 2007

Blessed By Friends



I am so thankful for the wonderful friends that God has blessed me with. I can remember times in my life, mostly when my children were little and I didn't have much fellowship with other women, when I really didn't have any friends. I had my "old" friends, from high school and college, whom I sent Christmas cards to and saw maybe once every year or two or three. I had acquaintances from church and the neighborhood and my husband's job, and a few people who had the potential to become friends ~ but inevitably one of us moved away or had some other big life change which interfered with that developing relationship. My husband has always been my friend, but honestly we don't always speak the same "language" and his impatient urging to " just give the me guy's version" doesn't exactly promote deep discussions about life or faith or family or anything else. [ love ya, hon! ] But at this stage of my life I can honestly say that I have dear women friends who are as close as sisters, and they are a huge blessing to me. We pray for one another, we encourage one another, we inspire one another ~ sometimes we hold one another accountable. Some are older than me, some are younger than me ~ but we are knitted together by a love of family and a heart for the Lord. I know I can count on these ladies if I need a good laugh or a shoulder to cry on or a cup of sugar or a sitter for my kids.
We can talk for hours and solve all the world's problems, or maybe just one of our own. I praise God for you, my friends.

No comments: