In essence, this is what we covered:
- Graduation is the 1st Saturday of June ( June 7, 2008) at 2:00 PM
- Ceremony length is 1 1/2 - 2 hours long
- Graduate attire is black caps and gowns, with tassles and stoles of different colors, as chosen by each grad
- Processional and recessional are played by the Lighthouse Homeschool Band
- Diplomas are the responsibility of the parent, and they may create their own, or order from one of several different sources
- Parents present the diploma to their own son or daughter, and have 2-3 minutes for remarks
- Each graduate presents his/her mother with a single rose
- Power Point slide show features 6-8 pictures of each grad - a "slice of life"
- Simple reception follows the ceremony in the church fellowship hall
Other things we touched on were the Senior Picture Day at Winn Portrait Studio, to be scheduled for this fall; Group photo day, usually held in the spring; additional social events throughout the year for the graduating seniors; yearbook senior pages; programs, and invitations. A suggestion was made that perhaps we could videotape the seniors, one at a time, giving a short message to their families, moms, etc., and play it at the beginning of the ceremony.