Sunday, October 28, 2007

On Prayer

Go read this insightful post on prayer by Jeff Estes on Our Quiverfull. Jeff and his wife, Kate, are the homeschool parents of 7 children and owners of Hands and Hearts, a company that sells history kits, notebooking supplies, books, toys, and other hands-on materials for Charlotte Mason, classical, and notebooking homeschoolers. They also have a 1-year-old little boy, Noah, who is seriously ill.

Here is part of Jeff's post:

I believe it was C.S. Lewis who once said, “I do not pray to change the mind of God. I pray because prayer changes me.” Does a God who knows everything, is all powerful, and already knows the future need me to pray for the same thing over and over in order to help Him figure out what is the best thing for my life and the life of Noah (or any of my children, for that matter)? I don’t think so. No, what God has shown Kate and I is that we need to pray because it keeps us in a closer relationship to Him than if we didn’t pray at all. We need to pray because it is important to remember who it is that provides all our needs. We need to pray because prayer - the very act of talking to God - the effort it takes to consciously think about Him – thinking about who He is and how He wants to relate to us – CHANGES US!

No comments: