Thursday, July 26, 2007

10,000 Steps

I have started walking 2 miles every morning ( have done it for 4 whole days now!) , and wearing a pedometer with the goal of walking at least 10,000 steps a day. That works out to approximately 5 miles, give or take some depending on the length of your stride. I have been reaching about 8,000 steps a day this week.... so I need to look for some additional opportunities to MOVE! Mark's employer has a "10,000 steps" program, offering workers a monetary incentive for walking 10,000 steps a day (5 days a week) for 8 weeks. I don't get a monetary reward, but I hope to lose pounds, which is just as good!
There is a website that outlines a walking program and explains the benefits of exercise ~ as if you didn't know. ;-)
http://www.thewalkingsite.com/10000steps.html

No comments: