Hmmm, this starts to get harder after you've gone through the "big blessings" of family, health, work, home, friends. The 100 Days are NOT going to be consecutive...
31. A friend's fb post about not having water at her house one day this week reminded me that clean water flowing from my faucets whenever I want it is something I don't think much about, but something that many people in this world don't have.
32. It is the July 4th weekend, and I am so grateful to live in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave! God bless the U.S.A.
33. That little patch of shade to set my lawn chair in during Jason's baseball practice yesterday afternoon - that was a blessing!
34. The fact that my children enjoy spending time together and are real friends makes my heart glad. My 23 yr old just asked her 12 yr old brother if he wanted to go to WalMart with her, and he turned off the movie he was watching to go. Alex wasn't able to spend a lot of time with Sarah, Eric, and Amanda during his 10 days of leave because they work at an overnight camp, but on his last night home he brought them milk shakes and hung out with his brother and 2 sisters for a little while. Priceless.
35. After waiting until the LAST MINUTE, we were still able to find the exact car for Sarah that we were hoping for - a used Honda Civic with less than 100,000 miles on it within her price range! YES!
36. Mark is such a great daddy. He might grumble a lot, but he will do about anything for his kids. He spent last week finding Sarah a car on Craigslist, taking it to the mechanic to be checked out, getting her insurance, etc. (because she was at camp and couldn't do it) Then he flew to TX and is spending the holiday weekend - and the 4th of July is his FAVORITE holiday - driving 1500 miles to bring Alex's car and some other belongings back to NC.
37. As we head out to church this morning, I am thankful for the First Amendment to the U.S.Constitution. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech; or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
39. I love this little town we live in. There is a big Independence Day celebration tonight, with live music, skydivers, concessions, and fireworks, and then tomorrow is the Children's Parade, where kids decorate their bikes and wagons in red, white, and blue and walk up and down N.Main Street, then head over to the town park for sack races, water balloon toss, tug of war, and crafts.
Children's Parade, 1997
40. Isaiah 40:28-31 The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not grow faint.