Wednesday, June 29, 2011

100 Days to 1000 Blessings - Day 3

Rediscovering joy!  List 10 blessings every day for 100 days.


21. Afternoon thundershowers yesterday brought some needed rain and brief relief from temps in the high 90's.

22.  We have a mechanic friend who will take a look at a car Sarah might buy and let us know if it is worth the money, since nobody in this family really knows anything about cars!  Thank you, Joe Rego!

23. Double-stuff oreo cookies.  Enough said.

24. I love having contemporary Christian radio stations to listen to, where the music is uplifting and family-friendly and the DJs are kind, encouraging and even pray over the air for their listeners.  Thank you, K-LOVE and HIS Radio, for blessing me as I drive here and there and everywhere.

25. The Public Library is such a cool place!  Thousands of books at my disposal, free for the asking,  when I need something to read besides the thousands of books in my house!

26. My family blessed me with a smartphone last Christmas, and I just found another very cool thing I can do with it!   I misplaced my library card ( again ), and when I walked by the self-checkout counter at the library today I saw a card that said that the scanners read library card barcodes stored on Smartphones!  What?!!!  So I sat down with my little mini hand-held computer aka Droid Incredible, went to the internet and found the name of the "app for that"!  I downloaded the free Cardstar app, entered my library card number ( which I do have memorized!!!  yes, I'm a homeschool mom )  and voila!  I checked my book out using my smartphone.

27. I am thankful for an almost-13-year-old son who still likes to hug me and snuggle on the couch when we watch TV or read. Don't tell him I wrote that here.

28.  Romans 8:38   For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. 

29. I love crawling into my nice soft bed after a long day.

30. My KitchenAid mixer is a great time saver in the kitchen.  I just went over 6 months without a microwave oven, but I don't think I'd last a week without my KitchenAid!


No comments: