I've been in a bit of a funk lately, feeling a wee bit sorry for myself, not liking the changes that come with this season of my life.
Soooo.... I came up with the idea of listing 10 blessings a day for 100 days. That makes 1000 blessings! I know that God is good, all the time. I know that my cup overflows with his blessings. I just need to lift my eyes and refocus. As my camp counselor kids would say - "ATTITUDE CHECK!".
1. My oldest son is home for a 10 day visit! All 7 of us went bowling together on Saturday, and went to church and out to eat on Sunday. :-)
2. I have an air conditioned house, which makes summers in the South oh so much more comfortable.
3. The bank immediately noticed suspicious activity on my debit card yesterday and denied the transaction, so no money was stolen from our account. Kind of eery that the bank "knows" we wouldn't be withdrawing money from an ATM in Hollywood, CA, but I'm glad they do..
4. Got an email from a far-away friend this morning, which made me smile.
5. My dad is doing well after emergency gallbladder surgery this weekend. Thank you, Lord, for my Dad.
6. During a time when so many people are losing their jobs, my husband's employment has been steady.
7. God's Word is true today, yesterday, and tomorrow.
8. There is a pot of fresh, fragrant herbs growing on my deck - an accomplishment for a decidedly black-thumbed gardener ( is that the opposite of green-thumb?)
9. I am part of an awesome homeschool support group, with a group of amazing ladies at the helm.
10. My husband loves me and tells me so quite often. :-)
There, I feel better already.