Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Colonial Living Week at Alamance Battlefield



Every October, historic Alamance Battlefield, in Burlington, NC, holds a living history event called "Colonial Living Week". I have taken my kids several times over the years. As a matter of fact, I believe this was the very first field trip that Alex, Sarah, Eric, and toddler Amanda went on with Lighthouse, our homeschool support group, when we first formed back in 1996, and it is where I met my friend, Faye, and her children, Russ & JoJo. Well, this time Faye and I were there with Jason, Emma & Ethan, who were not even a gleam in our eyes back in 1996. Our friends Tammy & Nathan joined us this time as well, and we enjoyed a beautiful fall day watching and chatting with costumed interpreters demonstrating blacksmithing, quill writing, candle dipping, cider pressing, musket and cannon firing, and more.






1 comment:

Enjoying Life Together said...

Saw Jason today. He's had a busy week of field trips! :) Best way to learn!!