Monday, June 18, 2007

Ten Things I'm Thankful For Today

I'm going to take a page here from another blog I read, Our Quiverfull, www.homeschoolblogger.com/ourquiverfull . Kate and Jeff Estes, homeschool parents of 7 from Greenwood, SC and owners of a homeschool business called Hands and Hearts, www.handsnhearts.com, are going through some severe trials right now, including a seriously ill baby, but they still faithfully and regularly list things they are thankful for on their blog.
Do read their blog and then add them to your prayer list.

Ten Things I Am Thankful for Today

1. My Dad - since today is Fathers Day ( well, officially yesterday since it is now past midnight ); I am thankful for a Dad who loves his family and placed a high priority on family time, gave me a secure and happy childhood, and has encouraged and supported me on into adulthood

2. My husband - an awesome Daddy to our 5 children; he has a job which requires long hours and occasional travel, but still manages to place a high priority on family time, and the people he works with know it; he also loves me and lets me know it! There's a saying : "The most important thing a man can do for his children is to love their mother". Well, I'm sure there's no doubt in our kids' minds that Daddy loves Mama!

3. Air conditioning - it was in the mid-90's today, and I don't do well in the heat and humidity

4. Young Adult Sons - sometimes the cause of gray hair, but yesterday I was proud of my 2 boys who came to the rescue of Sarah's friend, Bekah, whose car was sitting in our driveway with a dead battery

5. Flowers - I'm not a great gardener, but I planted some colorful impatience, verbena, and petunias by my front door this week, and they look so pretty ~ I like to just walk out the door and look at them; they make me smile...

6. Telephones - I live 700 miles away from my parents, but can pick up the phone and talk to them just about any time I want; pretty neat

7. My Washer & Dryer - as I sit and fold yet another load of clean laundry, I'm thankful for the convenience of an electric washer and dryer; my mother remembers Wash Day and the old wringer washer when she was young

8. Summer Vacation - I just love having my college age kids home for the summer, and the break in our busy schedule that summer brings

9. Fat Free Fudgsicles - I'm trying to lose weight, and chocolate is one of my weaknesses; fudgsicles satisfy that craving and the fat free ones are only 70 calories or 1 Point on Weight Watchers

10. Sunday naps - it was a busy week, and the whole family zonked out for a while this afternoon; I don't feel guilty about a nap on Sunday afternoon like I do on other days

Have a blessed week.

<><

No comments: