Monday, February 2, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY: February 2, 2009

Outside my window...
I see a lot of broken branches lying in our yard from the blustery weather of the past couple of weeks...we'll need to do a "burning pile" soon;
also, no birds yet at the suet feeder J hung up


I am thinking...
that I'm hungry and need to go make some breakfast :-)

I am thankful for...
the men and women of the US Military who bravely sacrifice much for the people of this land

From the learning rooms...
TOG Y2, Week 23 - Restoration Colonies and the Age of Louis XIV
Latin and Science today at Nathan's house
getting ready for the Great Backyard Bird Count

From the kitchen...
water is boiling for a cup of hot tea


I am wearing...
my pajamas...

I am creating...
ummm... nothing creative going on at the moment

I am going...
to Texas later this week to hug my 23-year-old son before he gets on a plane for the Middle East, where he'll spend the next 12 months or more, wearing the uniform of the US Army

I am reading...
"The Church in History" by B.K. Kuiper
"The Spontaneous Spread of Home-Discipleship Christianity" by Henry Ryenga Jr.


I am hoping...
for deep, heart-felt conversations with my dear husband as we drive my son's car back from TX ;-)

I am hearing...
....quiet.....

Around the house...
the kids are slow moving this morning.... I need to put some peppy music on and start getting the energy level up around here

One of my favorite things...
onion rings -
Carolina Ale House makes great ones! thin & crispy and oh, so NOT good for you


A few plans for the rest of the week:
Lighthouse meeting tomorrow night
basketball practices
packing and cleaning!
flying to Texas and driving back to North Carolina

Here is a picture thought I am sharing..

we got a couple of inches of snow last week ~ it lasted 2 days, and might be all we get this winter

3 comments:

Jen said...

I pray for safety for your son in the Middle East. Also for safety on the road for you and your Husband.

Kim W said...

God bless your precious son. Thank him for me.

By the way...I'll take an order of the those onion rings!

Blessings from Ohio...
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Buckeyeblog
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/wannabeone

Homespun Simplicity said...

Hi! Thank you for visiting my blog and for your comment. Those onion rings sound GOOD! Wish I had some right now. Praying for your son in the Middle East.
Have a blessed day!
Karen