Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ahhhhhhh-Choo!

Winter is transitioning to spring here in North Carolina - days with temps in the 70's immediately followed by diving temps into the 30's, then back to the 50's, down to the 40's, up to the 60's - up and down. So you know what that means. Everyone we know is SICK - and we are teetering on the edge here ourselves. Last week Jason was congested and head-achy and tired and feeling yucky, and this week it is Amanda. I am resisting the germs by sheer will power, I think. That and pots of homemade chicken soup, zinc lozenges, Emergen-C, and hot tea. Jason had a cough that kicked up when he laid down in bed at night, but I put Vicks VapoRub on the bottoms of his feet, covered them up with socks, tucked him in, and he slept quietly. Don't know why, but it works!


2 comments:

GrammaJelly said...

I'm sorry to hear of the 'crud' that's visited you all. Get well soon.
I love your new layout...the text is much easier to read against the new background.
Think spring! LOVE, MOM

Jane said...

Did I read that right? On the bottoms of his feet? Wow, I will have to give this a try. Thanks for the tip. You always have the greatest tips to pass along.

Renee