Monday, August 10, 2009

Golden Anniversary




My parents are celebrating their 50th Wedding Anniversary this fall, so we 4 kids threw them a surprise party on August 1st. Well, it started as a surprise but .... you know how that goes. About 60 relatives as well as friends and neighbors joined us on a beautiful sunny day for food, fun, and warm wishes. My brother and sister, since they are the two siblings who LIVE up there and did the bulk of the planning, rented a pavillion at a local farm for a big picnic / party. There was a swimming pool, volleyball net, horseshoes, bonfire pit, and hayride. They also rented a Moonbounce for the kids, which was a hit as always. I planned the menu and did most of the cooking with help from my girls. My sister and sister-in-law took care of the cake and other desserts, as well as drinks. And my brothers and brother-in-law manned the grills. We had hot dogs, hamburgers, Italian sausage, and teriyaki chicken kabobs, Italian pasta salad, fruit salad, roasted garlic rosemary potatoes, baked beans, and shells in marinara sauce. WAY more than enough - we could have fed twice as many people!

Mom and Dad, we love you! Glad you enjoyed the festivities.



My 9-yr-old niece made the cake on the left. Good job, Adrianna.




1 comment:

GrammaJelly said...

This was the greatest of days...50 years of wonderful memories of a wonderful family. Does it get any better than this? Thanks from the bottom of my heart, kids. We love you all! ! ! ! !