Saturday, April 25, 2009

Birthday Mom

This past Wednesday was my oldest son's 24th birthday. He is in Iraq, so we weren't able to talk to him, but we did post birthday wishes on his Facebook, and hopefully he'll see that sometime this week. He isn't able to get on the computer very often, and he doesn't yet have a global cell phone. We had also sent him some birthday goodies in a care package that he should have received in time.
Well, my friend Eve did the sweetest thing. She stopped by unexpectedly with a bouquet of flowers for the birthday Mom! She knew that I was missing my boy on his birthday, and she said that she used to give her mother-in-law flowers as a "thank you" on her husband's birthday! Such a sweet thought! So she acted on her impulse and brought me flowers, and made my day. Thanks, Eve.


1 comment:

Faye Creech said...

What a sweet thing for her to do! Heard any more from him lately?