Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Helping Hand

This morning, after I dropped Amanda off at her Biology class, I went over to my friend Eileen's house for the morning. Eileen and Jerry just adopted 3 beautiful children, a 3 yr old and 9 mo. old twins, from Ethiopia, and they also have 4 yr old twins at home. Eileen has a bad cold; Ellie, her 14 yr old daughter, has a viral infection in her throat; the kids have coughs and assorted other minor ailments, so they needed an extra pair of hands! Since Mark was working from home today, I left Jason home ~ he wanted to come so badly, but I decided it wasn't wise this time with them all sick ~ and packed up a bag with the makings for Old Fashioned Chicken Soup, a baggie of Very Berry Tea, and 3 paint-with-water coloring books from WalMart. I got to feed the baby girls their breakfast, played with the boys, folded laundry, enjoyed a hot cup of tea with my friend, and made a big pot of chicken-rice soup for their lunch. This soup has fresh garlic, gingerroot, and cayenne pepper, so it is especially good when you are suffering with a stuffy head and cold. Opens things right up! And the garlic is a natural antibiotic! Amanda got dropped off after her biology class ( thanks, Eve!), so she helped for a while as well, until it was time to go home so she could get to her basketball game this afternoon. I hope it was a help for Eileen to have us there ~ I know we enjoyed ourselves immensely!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That just made my eyes leak Beth!!! Such an act of true worship.... !!!
Lea

Angela said...

What a blessing you were to your friend!!! As someone who has found herself in need and been blessed w/ an extra pair of hands from time-to-time, I know how much you ministered to the hearts of that family.

Bless you!!