Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Birthday/ Anniversary

Yesterday was my birthday and also our 25th wedding anniversary! Mark sent me a dozen roses ( aw!) and we went out to dinner at a nice little Italian restaurant in N.Raleigh called Casa Linga. Amanda baked my birthday cake from scratch - my favorite, Boston Cream Pie. Alex and Sarah each called from college and sang the birthday song AND anniversary song ( remember the Flintstones?) [thank you!] Thank you to my wonderful friends, too, who surprised me with cards and even a little box filled with 2 wine glasses, a bottle of sparkling grape juice, and chocolate kisses! I also got roses and a phone call from my baby brother in CA. Mark and I both sat at dinner last night saying, "how can it have been 25 years?" Granted, there has been a LOT of living between then and now ~ 5 kids, 4 moves & 3 houses, 6 pets ( not counting fish) 13 years of homeschooling, many trips back and forth to MA to visit relatives, lots of family camping trips all over the country, countless ball games, good and bad, rich and poor, sickness and heath.....
We passed a couple of years ago the mark of having been married longer than we were single! Wouldn't trade a day of it for anything. Nope, not one.

1 comment:

Faye Creech said...

Hope it was very wonderful!!!
-F