Sunday, January 20, 2013

Working On Marriage

Well, I'm sorry. Apparently I lied when I said the hiatus was over. Let's try again.

This past year I have spent a great deal of time thinking about how to improve my marriage. To be perfectly honest, after 30 years together we had gotten complacent and distant. After hearing Heidi St. John speak at last year's NCHE Homeschool Conference, I realized we were living parallel lives instead of intertwined ones, and I resolved to do something to remedy that.  I started reading marriage blogs, books, and articles, and really praying about how to breathe some life into our relationship.  It is rather hard to get a boulder rolling again once forward momentum is lost, but effort and perseverance go a long way in getting things going.  It doesn't happen quickly.  But there is movement in the right direction, so I am encouraged.

Here are some of the resources I have discovered that are giving me encouragement and ideas for breathing fresh life into our marriage.

Happy Wives Club








Why spend time reading things like this? I think sometimes when we cry out to God about something that troubles us, he gently directs us to resources that have been created by others whose hearts have been in the same state as ours. And the result is blessing and renewal. 

Stay tuned for a post about our Valentine's Day project,  MISSION:DATE NIGHT.



No comments: