71. Sarah was just home for the weekend, and we had a really nice visit! She has been in TN since the 2nd week of July and this was her first visit back home. This week she's heading down to Atlanta, where Safe World Nexus will have a booth at Catalyst, a huge Christian leadership conference, featuring speakers such as Jon Acuff, Francis Chan, Bob Goff, Blake Mykoskie, Katie Davis, Dave Ramsey, Lysa Terkheurst, David Platt, and more.
72. Sarah bought Jason a new board game, Ticket to Ride, for his birthday, and taught us to play it this weekend. It is a lot of fun!
*from the website:
Ticket to Ride is a cross-country train adventure in which players collect and play matching train cards to claim railway routes connecting cities throughout North America. The longer the routes, the more points they earn. Additional points come to those who can fulfill their Destination Tickets by connecting two distant cities, and to the player who builds the longest continuous railway.
73. Alex posted confirmation that his brigade will be coming home from Iraq early!!! They will be coming home in Dec / Jan instead of July! Hallelujah!
74. Fall weather has arrived! ahhh! after a blistering summer, temperatures in the 60's and 70's are just divine! This is my favorite season!
75. My knee is feeling pretty good after surgery to repair a torn miniscus a couple of weeks ago. It still gets stiff and stairs are still tough and I'm not walking completely normally yet, but it is coming along.
76. After surgery, my dear friends rallied around and brought meals for 2 weeks - I am so blessed to have people like that in my life.
77.. My friends are still enjoying my cupcakes, so I am able to send Sarah support to help her stay in her internship with Safe World a while longer.
Caramel Apple Crisp Cupcake
78.. We spent a day in Boone with Eric to celebrate his 22nd birthday. It was a pretty day so we went to a park on the Blue Ridge Parkway to throw a frisbee around for a bit ( I watched - bum knee ), then went out to Woodlands BBQ in Blowing Rock for dinner with him and his girlfriend, Ryan.
79. The freedom to homeschool and to raise my children according to my beliefs and convictions is precious, and tonight my support group will be showing the documentary, "The Child", which addresses some of the challenges to that freedom that our country is facing right now.
80. Did I mention that Alex will be coming back from Iraq much sooner than expected? And his contract is up in Dec. and he is planning to leave the Army??