Sunday, July 3, 2016

Learning to Be a Trim Healthy Mama


I have long had an interest in health and nutrition, and trying to make heads or tails out of the mountains of information out there, some of which contradicts or just doesn't make sense, is no easy feat. I recently heard a friend talking about Trim Healthy Mama, directing me to the huge Facebook community dedicated to the lifestyle promoted by the book written by sisters Pearl Barrett and Serene Allison. Their philosophy of eating struck a chord with me, as it seems to incorporate much that I've been reading for years. So I bought the book and cookbook and took it on vacation with me, to start the process of learning and incorporating this new lifestyle of healthy food freedom.

 

I am still getting the hang of it, and find myself staying "on plan" about 80% of the time. I feel better - less puffy, less achy. I've lost about 10 lbs, but have stalled there for about 8 weeks; it seems that some people experience stalls like this, either because the body is healing and adjusting, or because certain foods, like dairy or collagen, are causing the body to hold on to weight.  I'm hoping to get the metabolism revved and the scale moving downward again soon, though.

One thing I know about myself is that if I don't take the time to write up a meal plan for the week, I will not be successful.  So I'm going to try to post my meal plan each week, along with some of the recipes I most enjoy.  Part of this plan is eating every 3- 3 1/2  hours, so snacks are planned in as well.

MONDAY:  7/4
B.  Egg mufflets (S - egg, shredded cheese, sausage, onion, pepper) ;  Shrinker (FP -oolong tea,  cinnamon, cayenne, unsweetened almond milk, Stevia sweetener)

L.  Chicken avocado salad, tomato and spinach in a low-carb pita (S)


S.  banana oat bread  (E)

D. Mexican Casserole (S - low carb tortillas, ground turkey, jar salsa, shredded cheddar); Salad w/ oil & vinegar dressing

S.  air-popped popcorn; Bai drink  (bring to Fireworks!)

TUESDAY:   7/5  cook breakfast at camp
B. Oatmeal w/ cinnamon, stevia, chopped fresh peach, unsweetened almond milk, collagen (E)

L.  Chef salad w/ olive oil & vinegar dressing (FP)

S.  pear, 1/2 c. plain Greek yogurt w/ stevia  (E) ; Shrinker

D. Baked Pesto Chicken (S) , steamed broccoli, salad

S.  Peanut butter yogurt w/ Lilly's chocolate chips

WEDNESDAY:  7/6
B.  Egg mufflets (S) , Shrinker (FP)

L. Cauliflower Crust Calzones (S)

S. Fat -Strippin' Frappa (FP)

D.  Taco Salad ( E - romaine, ground turkey, salsa, red pepper, onion, black beans, corn, blue corn tortilla chips,  lime juice, salt & pepper)

S.  pear

THURSDAY:   7/7
B. Oatmeal w/ peaches (E - oatmeal, chopped peaches, unsweetened almond milk, cinnamon, chia seeds, collage powder, stevia)

L.  deli turkey roll ups; Wasa crackers, Laughing Cow cheese; cantaloupe  (E)

S. Choco Secret Big Boy smoothie (secret ingredient - okra!!)

D.  Chicken Lettuce Wraps w/ Spicy Peanut Sauce  (S)

S. Zucchini Brownie w/ Cream Cheese Whip

FRIDAY:  7/8
B. Egg Mufflets (S)

L. Chef Salad (FP)

S.  Strawberry Cheesecake Shake

D.  Turkey Burgers w/ mushrooms, onions , peppers;  broccoli;  Crashed Sweet Potato (E)

S.  air-popped popcorn

SATURDAY  7/9   homeschool leaders meeting from 8am - 2pm
B. Cantaloupe and cottage cheese; (E)

L. Pot luck - bring Cheeseburger Pie (S)

S.  Fat-Strippin' Frappa

D.  Chicken Parmesan Bake (S) ;  antipasto salad, 

S.  Zucchini Brownie w/ Cream Cheese Whip

 SUNDAY  7/10
B.  oat pancakes w/ s-f blueberry syrup;  cantaloupe

L.  leftovers

S.  pear

D.  Crackslaw w/ brown rice; steamed broccoli

S.  Triple 0 Yogurt w/ coconut, Lilly's choc., and chopped almonds


No comments: